Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Mini Reviews: Sweet Peril (Sweet #2) by Wendy Higgins and Onyx (Lux #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

   Recently I did two reviews on both Obsidian and Sweet Evil and naturally I fell in love with the characters from both novels (No seriously, I have been having an in head debate about which couple I like better!) Between Anna + Kaiden and Daemon + Katy I just cannot decide! They are both equally perfect and make my heart flutter erratically whenever something heart-burstingly romantic happens (which I must say happens quite a bit in these two books!
 Anyways enough of my gushing and onto the reviews:

Sweet Peril (Sweet #2)
 By: Wendy Higgins

Rating: 3/5

Summary: Anna Whitt, the daughter of a guardian angel and a demon, promised herself she’d never do the work of her father—polluting souls. She’d been naive to make such a vow. She’d been naive about a lot of things. 

Haunted by demon whisperers, Anna does whatever she can to survive, even if it means embracing her dark side and earning an unwanted reputation as her school’s party girl. Her life has never looked more bleak. And all the while there’s Kaidan Rowe, son of the Duke of Lust, plaguing her heart and mind.

When an unexpected lost message from the angels surfaces, Anna finds herself traveling the globe with Kopano, son of Wrath, in an attempt to gain support of fellow Nephilim and give them hope for the first time. It soon becomes clear that whatever freedoms Anna and the rest of the Neph are hoping to win will not be gained without a fight. Until then, Anna and Kaidan must put aside the issues between them, overcome the steamiest of temptations yet, and face the ultimate question: is loving someone worth risking their life?
 
 Ahhhh... This book made me feel SO many things! In the end of the first book my heart was literally aching from the emotional stress that book caused me! This book was somehow worse, in different way (more heart melting!). First off the emotional tension between Kaiden and Anna was heart achingly tender yet extremely frustrating at the same time! I just wanted them to get over themselves and smooch each others faces off for crying out loud! Jealousy's and fear was running high for both of the two. Not to mention that darn Koponan getting in the way! (I was not very happy with him at times. Ok so more like the better half of this book) 

 I did feel like this book had a little more of a lull to it over the first one though. The action seemed to be lacking a tad at times and months would pass were not much significant happened. However I was happy with the action packed missions they did have. Plus there were times were Anna got to travel to some very cool and interesting places ( this is important because it helps fulfill my traveling fantasys. Plus every things just more intense and romantic in a foreign country, am I right?) 

 There was also the fact that things just got flat out sexy! 

“I was more myself with you during those three days than I’ve ever been with anyone in my life. It’d be easier if I could be fake with you, but you bring out everything in me, little Ann. All of it.” 

  I mean how could you not swoon at this? Kaiden!!! What you do to our hearts!!! And I just have to take a moment to give it to Wendy Higgins for writing quite literally some of the best kissing scenes I have read in a really long time! They made you love the characters even more because you were able to connect with their vulnerabilities. 

“He opened his eyes to reveal the storm within him. 
“My every instinct is telling me to have my way with you.” 
He was dead serious and my cheeks heated. Fire shone in his eyes and I broke eye contact, burying my face into his cotton-covered chest. 
“But not nearly as difficult as going all this time without you,” he said.” 

I seriously cannot wait to get my hands on the next book! I need more Anna and Kaiden! Seriously hope you guys check into this series if you haven't already. You will not regret it (especially if your like me and live for a good power couple romance to rout for) 

Onyx (Lux #2)
By: Jennifer L. Armentrout

Rating: 5/5

Summary: Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.

Something worse than the Arum has come to town…

The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.

But then everything changes…

I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?

No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies…

This book was flat out HILARIOUS! I seriously laughed out loud at times that left me on the verge of tears! Katy's thoughts are so darn hilarious because she just calls things as they are and doesn't put up with any of Daemons attitude. I love it! Also Daemon and Katy's banter together... perfection. Honestly the way these two characters joke around each other are what makes me fall in love with them even more. 

“I’m going to get changed,” I said.
“Need help?”
“Wow. You’re so chivalrous, Daemon.”
His smile widened, flashing deep dimples. “Well, the experience
would be mutually beneficial. I promise.” 

 Plus this book was HOT. I mean if the covers any indication it is that kind of book. You know the kind that makes you blush uncontrollably at the most inconvenient times. But what can I say? This book is totally steamy! The romantic tension is off the charts between Katy and Daemon to a point where it literally becomes so frustrating that I just want to scream at them JUST SAY YOU LOVE EACH OTHER ALREADY! But of course they have to drag it out because they are both impossibly stubborn characters. (I mean there obsession with believing they can keep everybody safe without telling each other and putting them selves in serious danger, is an issue thats consistent in this book!) 

“Jesus.” Blake rubbed his throat. “You have anger management problems. Its like a disease.”“There’s a cure and it’s called kicking your ass.” 

 There was also a really amazing plot line going on with this book. Its not often where I find a book whose sequel is equally interesting if not more so than the first book. I mean between all the alien business going on with the DOD and then theres the mysterious bond thing between Daemon and Katy that ends up with some crazy discoveries! Plus they introduce a new boy... his name is Blake and let me tell you, a jealous Daemon is a very very sexy Daemon! 

“I can help Katy," Blake wheezed. "Good enough for you?"
"What?" I demanded, dropping my hands.
"Yeah, see, you saying her name alone makes me want to kill you. So, no, not good enough for me.” 

 This book has so much suspense and near death experiences that you will literally be on the edge of your seat the whole time. I seriously was glued to it for a sold three days straight. I was reading like crazy! I mean I just couldn't get enough of the constant emotions flying across the pages! Between all the bickering (which continues to be hilarious until the end) and the tender protective romantic moments I just couldn't get enough!

“Daemon pressed his forehead against mine. "Oh, I still want to strangle you. But I'm insane. You're crazy. Maybe that's why. We just make crazy together.” 

Overall you guys need to read these two books they are amazing! I seriously still cannot decide between the two and its going to kill me! Maybe you guys could help me out by telling me who you like best because its an honest to god tie at this point! 

 Thanks for stopping by! Please leave your thoughts in the comments below!

-BubblyBooks


No comments:

Post a Comment

I’ve Switched to Wordpress! || Ft. the link to my new blog and my many thanks to the blogging community thus far!!

Hi there! After almost three years with Blogger I’ve decided to finally make the switch to Wordpress! While I’ve enjoyed using blogger as a ...

Bloggers comment back

Bloggers Commenting Back