Sunday, September 17, 2017

Books that Remind Me of TV Shows

  Over time I have read plenty of books and I have binged tons of shows on Netflix and On Demand and I have to say that I have definitely noticed some parallels between the two! At times I'll think characters are so alike that I find it hard to believe the show wasn't based on the book or vise versa! I think my obsession with reading and TV shows has something to do with always having to have a story going on inside my head! I just love thinking about the characters and predicting what their going to do next and feeling what their feeling! I have a serious obsession. Anyways heres my list of books that remind me of TV shows! I hope you notice the similarities too!

Book: The Selection reminds me of the TV show The Bachelor 

Similarities
The Selection totally reminds me of The Bachelor in so many ways! First off theres the whole contest for prince Max's heart between a bunch of contestants which hello, is just like what happens in the bachelor! Also the beef between the fellow females in regard to the main mans heart is like unreal. I mean these girls are at each others throat! And lets not forget to mention their each there for there own selfish reasons (But there are some good ones too, just like in the Bachelor) If you've ever seen the Bachelor (or even if you haven't) your probably aware of the roses that are given out at the rose ceremony that symbolize who is staying and who is leaving. Something similar happens in the Selection where Prince Maxon sends home girls he no longer feels is right for him. In other words the Selection is literally the Bachelor in the olden times where there are kingdoms, princesses and princes. I personally loved it but I also love the Bachelor so... (But if you aren't a fan of the bachelor I still totally recommend because this book will melt your heart!)
Differences
Obviously, that the Selection takes place in a made up world where there are kingdoms and mysterious rebel forces at play whereas the Bachelor takes place in regular old LA. Plus sometimes the bachelor is really only on the show for publicity and other extremely selfish messed up reasons, but this is not the case with prince Maxon who uses the selection to find his queen. Its also his family tradition and is how centuries of other kings found there partners in life. Not to mention the killer setting of a castle and all the dresses and glitz that go along with it all! 

Book: Vampire Academy reminds me of the TV show Vampire Diaries

Similarities
OMG this book reminds me of Vampire diaries in literally so many ways I cannot even deal! First off the kick but female characters in both the book and the show! Shout out to Rose Hathaway from vampire academy and Caroline from Vampire diaries! Plus both of these are loaded with hunks! I mean hello Adrian and Dimitri (VA) and Daemon, Stephen, and Matt (he's such a little cutie!) (VD) I mean you could just watch that show and be in awe of the characters beauty (I mean Daemons eyebrows!) The other reason there so similar is because of the crazy plot twists and action that goes on! I mean theres kidnappings, escape/rescue plans and not to mention a serious amount of blood sucking. I feel like every two seconds someone gets there head snapped or ripped off. These guys are intense and don't take well to new comers. They also both take place at school (well at least in the beginning of VD) which allows for a lot of classic school dance scenes which are always cute to see. Theres also a ton of magic that goes on and evil villains are constantly flowing (gotta keep things interesting you know?)
Differences
Lets see differences would have to be that everything kind of happens in one little town in VD whereas in Vampire Academy theres a lot more traveling (especially when there are heists) Also there is really not law enforcement in VA (I mean besides the slayers of evil vampires and all) but there is definitely some cop drama in VD! Overall I say the two go hand and hand (and also fulfill my need for insane vampire romance/blood sucking)

Book: A Court of Wings and Ruin reminds me of the TV show A Game of Thrones

Similarities
Ok bare with me on this one. I know that right off the bat they don't seem similar, but theres just a certain vibe I get from both of them that I can't ignore. Maybe its all the killing and slow plotting for war. Plus theres the fire romances going on between characters (thats usually forbidden or twisted in some sort of way) (I mean hello Lucien and Eleanor) Not to mention the crazy magic that always seems to be lying underneath the surface. In ACOMAF it was the Attors and the crazy lady in the house of hair, plus the whole thing with them being Fae and all. Dark magic was seriously present in A game of thrones (I mean there were white walkers for crying out loud!) Plus the three eyed raven? Not to mention there was always this constant struggle for power going on between kingdoms in A game of thrones and between Fae courts. Its what eventually leads to both war and blood being drawn between the two. 
Differences
Differences would have to be that we'll obviously there weren't any fairies in A game of thrones. People didn't sprout wings or have supernatural fighting abilities or anything like that (though that would have been awesome now that I think about it!) There wasn't any brother/sister relationships going on in ACOMAF as far as I remember. Plus theres the whole famous families thing going on in game of thrones (Lanesters and the Starks) which doesn't really happen in ACOMAF, who focuses more on individuals whole find a sense of family in each other. But overall this show and this book totally reminded me of one another I just had to see if I wasn't the only one who saw the similarities! 





2 comments:

  1. Oh I TOTALLY hear you with The Selection being like The Bachelor!! I thought that immediately when I read it too! And it's kind of cool when books/shows (or movies!) match up though, right?! It can be exciting. 😂 I recently read this book called Gap Year in Ghosttown and it was SO much like Supernatural it's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love supernatural! I was trying to think of a book like it but couldn't come up with anything! I'll have to check out Gap Year in Ghosttown! :)

      Delete

I’ve Switched to Wordpress! || Ft. the link to my new blog and my many thanks to the blogging community thus far!!

Hi there! After almost three years with Blogger I’ve decided to finally make the switch to Wordpress! While I’ve enjoyed using blogger as a ...

Bloggers comment back

Bloggers Commenting Back