Saturday, March 31, 2018

March Wrap-up (AKA the craziness that was this month)


Hey everybody!! Okay so how is it that March is already over?!? like when did that even happen? This month has been such an exhausting month. Between colleges getting back to me, blogging, and squeezing in every possible social event I am EXHAUSTED!



 Thank god it is finally spring break!! Time to P-A-R-T-Y (and by party I mean sit on my couch and read all week baby)


Sooo this month has actually been a pretty successful reading month for me (who knew right?) I guess I was able to get my stuff together and actually READ (hallelujah people!) and that may be why I didn’t study for that test (or a few actually...) but hey it was totally worth it because I was able to not only read amazing books but post a review for them on my blog (like who even am I?)



 So lets get down to it..

Things that have been going on in my life right now:

  • So college acceptances came back... SO I’M JUST OVER HERE TRYING NOT TO FREAK OUT (I seriously have no chill its awful) Its so hard not comparing yourself to other people but I’m doing my best trying not to think about it (books are my escape people!!) 
  • School has also been kicking my butt... like why you gotta make the last couple months of my high school career so hard teachers! Why?!?!
  • But THANK the lord it is finally spring break and I can take a moment to breathe!!! (preferably on a beach some where with a book in my hand if were gonna get specific here)
  • I am also low key trying to dress shop because Senior ball is right around the corner.... but I have been procrastinating SO much its not even funny!
  • Reading! I also was able to actually finish books this month! yay me!
  • Also Easter is tomorrow so Happy early Easter everybody!!
  •  


Books I read this month:

1) Splintered by A.G. Howard
2) Reign the Earth by A.C. Gaughen  (ARC review- sadly had to DNF this one folks it just wasn’t doing it for me)
3) Ace of Shades by Amanda Foody (another ARC- I was finally getting it together and reading my approved books on Net Galley- loved this book!)
4) Unhinged by A.G. Howard (splintered #2)
5) The Last King by Katee Robert (The kings #1) (another ARC!! man I am on fire! ;) This one was a cute and steamy read)

As you can see by my obsessive mentioning I did happen to finish not one, not two, but THREE arc’s people! Perhaps my Net Galley profile will look a little less neglected... (hey I’m trying to read it all but I’m a mood reader and if I’m not in the mood to read something it doesn’t get read. Its a gift and a curse)
 









On the blog:


I was able to get three book review posts up this month!! Which I was really excited about (yes finally being productive!! *does happy dance*)

 Also I was able to get a couple of discussion posts up as well which I feel like I don’t do enough of on this blog! I really loved all the support and responses I got back from them and hope to do more discussion posts in the future!

What I plan on reading this April:

  • Ensnared (splintered #3) by A.G. Howard (cannot wait to finish this series it is AMAZING and I just snagged this from the library today!)
  • My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand (also got this from the library. Aren’t libraries fabulous?)
  • Song of Blood and Stone by Penelope L (my first physical ARC!!! I AM FREAKING OUT GUYS!) 
  • To Kill a Kingdom by Alexandra Christo (I have been wanting to read this for sooo long now hopefully this month will be the month! *crosses fingers*) 
Lets Chat!

What have you been up to this month? Read any good books? Any bad books? What new releases are you looking foreword to? Let me know in the comments below!
-Bubblybooks


6 comments:

  1. Yayy college acceptances!! That's so exciting, congrats! And I absolutely HATE dress shopping, especially for formal stuff, so I feel you on that one. I think I wore the same black dress to all four of my homecomings. Lol. Happy spring break! And I'm super curious to hear what you think of My Lady Jane. I've never read it, but I've been wanting to for ages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Its been so stressful but I’m just trying to keep my head up and yes usually I like dress shopping but this year everything is coming up so fast that it just feels rushed! I just started My Lady Jane a few days ago and so far I’m liking it (its very funny in unexpected ways, be prepared to laugh out loud)!

      Delete
  2. Oh I'm sorry that school and work has been a bit draining, but yay for spring break! I hope you'll be able to take some time to finally relax, read and overall, just, RELAX haha :) <3
    I can't wait for you to read My Lady Jane - I enjoyed it, it was a really fun read! - and To Kill a Kingdom - currently reading and really loving it!. I hope you'll love both!!
    Happy reading and have a lovely April! :D x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I defiantly need some r&r time right about now! So far Lady Jane has been good! I just hope it holds my attention.. my attention span has been shortening and I can’t seem to finish anything nowadays... whoops! Also just picked up To Kill a Kingdom and I cannot wait to read it!! *jumps up and down excitedly* Happy reading to you too!

      Delete
  3. March was so hectic and fast!!

    I hope you enjoy your break and READ ALL THE THINGS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! March was a bit of a mess! Hope you read some amazing books too!!

      Delete

I’ve Switched to Wordpress! || Ft. the link to my new blog and my many thanks to the blogging community thus far!!

Hi there! After almost three years with Blogger I’ve decided to finally make the switch to Wordpress! While I’ve enjoyed using blogger as a ...

Bloggers comment back

Bloggers Commenting Back