Friday, February 22, 2019

January/February Wrap Up|| Goals for the new year, life happenings, books, and more BOOKS!!

 Hey guys! So with the craziness of the new year I some how did not get around to a January wrap up post?!?! Which is why I’m taking the liberty of shoving the two months together in this one jumbo ULTIMATE wrap up post!

 I’m hoping I’ll have a long list of books I read during the duration of these two months but theres only so much a girl can read while juggling school work, friends, and all while trying to grab some zzz’s here and there (sooo not getting the min 8 hours required here people this is why college students become caffeine addicts)

 Any who on the months happenings:

   In January I completed a whopping 4 books amigos! (I’m actually quite proud of this considering two of the books were completed right after I got back to school)


 Books I Read in January: 


 
 

  • I actually loved all of these immensely my fav obviously being The Wicked King by Holly Black (that ending my god waiting a year for the next book... ahaha you’ll just find me over here dying slowly) 
  • I also discovered Kate McGarry’s books and love her writing! Totally forgot how much I LOVE a good classic YA romance (these ones had very balanced male and female characters I didn’t feel a power struggle or like one or the other was belittling each other in any way which I am just starting to realize is a bit rare in most of the YA romance books I’ve read?!?) That being said I liked Say You’ll Remember Me the best out of the two!!
  • Also The Towering Sky is the final installment in the Thousandth Floor series by Katherine McGee is a GREAT series I feel enough people are not talking about so please please check it out!!

 January On the Blog:

  Overall I am very pleased with the amount of blogging I was able to squeeze in last month! I was able to complete five pretty solid posts (two of them even being reviews and ARC reviews on time *pats self on the back*) all while balancing school and life stuff. Hopefully this trend continues throughout the year but we shall see ;)

  Books I read in February

  •  I really enjoyed these two! LJ Shen is AMAZING so of course she did not disappoint with the Kiss Thief! Even though it was very different from some of her other books it still had the dark and dirty MC that you cant help but route for as he finds his weakness *melts into puddle*


February on the Blog: 


 Well this is quite sad y’all I have only managed one post his month?!? I guess all I can do is hope next month will be better?? *shakes head at self*

Goals for Bubbly Books in 2019!!:

  • Post at least 3 times a month consistently
  • Read at least 3 books a month
  • Post more ARC reviews on time/ stay on top of ARC requests on NetGalley/ Eldewiess
  • Reach 500 friends on Goodreads
  • Reach 650 friends on Twitter 
  • Comment more on other blog posts 
  • Keep consistent with weekly memes (WWW, TV Thursdays, etc.) 

Life Happenings:


  • welp college is fully in swing right now and currently kicking my butt ughh the stress is real!
  • Also I am quite addicted to chai lattes  (I am currently drinking one at the moment) and this is contributing to my caffeine addiction rn yay heathy college habits!
  • On top of classes, hw, and more HW I have also managed a heathy TV addiction and literally am obsessed with The Bachelor and Deadly Class (which you all should watch RIGHT NOW!!)
  • Also the STRESS is so real right now I honestly do not know how I am juggling everything in my life. I am quite sleep deprived but somehow hanging in there?!? I have also discovered the power of NAPPING (aka naps=good class = bad) I also have not been reading or posting as much as I would like lately and hope this trend does no continue *stares longingly at book* *stares a planner w a million HW related things* queue heavy sigh. 
So how was y’alls month? Get any reading done? (probs more than me lol) Any reading goals for the new year? or for simply next month? Let me know in the comments below!
-BubblyBooks








2 comments:

  1. i feel you!! uni is kicking my ass too, my mental state constantly revolves around my academic life at the moment and the background noise in my brain is just helpless crying all week long. congrats on six books!! that's definitely more than i got for the last two months lol. also: we share a few goals for our blogs this year, yay!! definitely hardcore stylez same to the consistent blog posts per month, commenting on other peoples blogs and taking part in weekly memes!! i wish us lots of luck and hope you have a good March!! especially with less stress, we could apparently use time to breathe through! xx :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ughh so glad someone can relate to the uni stress!! The tests are pilling up!! Also I hope I can squeeze in some more reading next month but we shall see... Also yay we share some of the same goals! Blogging consistently is definitely always on the list as its something I struggle with. I wish both of us luck and happy reading :)

      Delete

I’ve Switched to Wordpress! || Ft. the link to my new blog and my many thanks to the blogging community thus far!!

Hi there! After almost three years with Blogger I’ve decided to finally make the switch to Wordpress! While I’ve enjoyed using blogger as a ...

Bloggers comment back

Bloggers Commenting Back