Thursday, November 21, 2019

ARC Review || In The Unlikely Event by LJ Shen

In the Unlikely Event

by LJ Shen

Rating: 5/5 stars

Summary: Sometimes you meet people who are out of this world, so you make them a part of yours. 

A one-night stand born from vengeance in a foreign land. 
An explosive chemistry neither of us could deny. 
We signed a contract on the back of a Boar’s Head Pub napkin that said if we ever met again, we would drop everything and be together. 
Eight years and thousands of miles later, he’s here. 
In New York. 
And he’s America’s music obsession. 
The intangible Irish poet who brings record executives to their knees. 
The blizzard in my perfect, unshaken snow globe. 
Last time we spoke, he was a beggar with no intention of becoming a king. 
But a king he became, and now I’m his servant. 
I’m not the same broken princess Malachy Doherty put back together with his callused hands. 
I have a career I love. 
A boyfriend I adore. 
An apartment, a roommate, a life. 
I changed. He changed, too. 
But Mal kept the napkin. 
Question is, will I keep my word? 

My review:

  LJ Shen has done it again! This book was heart wrenching and heartbreaking... and yet still stood on its own compared to other LJ Shen’s books!

  The shocking events made my heart burn and ache but this book still had all the qualities I love about LJ Shen’s writing. Love interests I am DEEPLY invested in, angst, heart shattering events and plot twists. Almost to the point where they step tooo much over the line and yet I route for them endlessly.

  The sexual tension was there. The premise of when they met all those years ago. The cute moment where they met again after all that time... love!!

 Since this was a contemporary it was nice reading a different storyline (even though I absolutely adore Vicious and Pretty Reckless) this one just continues to show how I cant not love anything from this author! Her stories just take over your mind with a love that attacks all of your senses in an all consuming way!! A must read for romance lovers and readers alike!

So what do you all think? Willing to give this a read? Please do! Especially if you have not read LJ Shen before than I highly recommend! 
-BubblyBooks

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’ve Switched to Wordpress! || Ft. the link to my new blog and my many thanks to the blogging community thus far!!

Hi there! After almost three years with Blogger I’ve decided to finally make the switch to Wordpress! While I’ve enjoyed using blogger as a ...

Bloggers comment back

Bloggers Commenting Back