Friday, August 18, 2017

Book Review: Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Book Review: Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout

August 16, 2017


Summary:
Starting over sucks.When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I’d pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring… until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.And then he opened his mouth.Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something… unexpected happens. The hot alien living next door marks me.You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon’s touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I’m getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades. If I don’t kill him first, that is.
  
  This book was a definite 4 star review! To be honest the only reason I picked this book up was because I had noticed that it was getting some good buzz on Goodreads. I mean it came up on my recommend several times over the past few months but I was kind of in denial that it would be any good. I mean did you see the cover? It looks like the ultimate cheesy paranormal romance, blah blah blah garbage. But I decided to give it a chance. And can I just tell you this book made my heart race!!! Daemon and Katy's chemistry was off the charts!! And lets not forget their constant feisty banter! I absolutely LOVE character sass!
 Also can we just take a moment to appreciate Daemons hotness! 
 When they first described him it was easy to see why his good looks would be considered other worldly!
 "Heavy footsteps came from the other side, and then the door was swinging open and I was staring at a very broad, tan, well-muscled chest. A naked chest. My gaze dropped and my breath sort of... stalled. Jeans hung low on his hips, revealing a thin line of dark hair that formed below his navel and disappeared under the band of the jeans" 
  I mean can you say HOT! It was easy to see why Katy might be at a loss for words! But its also understandable why she considers Daemon to be a total jerk! I mean the sass is real in this book!
 "One side of his lips curled up. 'Anytime is a bad time for you to come knocking on my door, kid'
 'Im not a kid. I'm seventeen.'
'Is that so?' He blinked 'You look like your twelve. No. Maybe thirteen, but my sister has this doll that kinda reminds me of you. All big-eyed and vacant"
 Daemon can be totally kill worthy one moment and then all the sudden you turn around and he's like smoldering hot again! He drove me insane! The tension they would build up was so FRUSTRATING! But then they made up for it with so moments in the end sooooo, 
 Anyways between daemon and his twin sister Dee's secret alien powers and an evil alien called the Arem coming after them there was definitely not a shortage of action within this book. Plus Dee and Katy's friendship is totally cute! Katy would do anything to protect Dee (I mean maybe not as much as Daemon who is crazy protective of his sis) but still her loyalty is admirable.
 Of course Daemon literally tried everything to prevent Dee and Katy from becoming friends in the beginning. Going as far as telling Katy that she was not welcome nor wanted. 
 "I threw my hands up, frustrated. 'Thats works perfectly for me, buddy, because I don't want to get to know you either'
 'Daemon' Dee said, grabbing his arm. 'Knock it off.'
He smirked as he watched me. 'I don't like that you're friends with my sister"
With loads of romance and action this book was the perfect mix. I literally read it in like three days! You seriously will not be able to put it down I mean it! This book totally blew me away and passed all my expectations.
 I love how they didn't imediently fall for one another and become totally heart eyed romantics! I feel like that always happens and I'm like wait? You two just met like two seconds ago. Like what? But this book actually makes it feel more realistic by spacing out the months between the two and also contiueing the hatred between Daemon and Katy. Let me tell you they continue the sass until the end! 
 A total must read! Please, please give this book a try and you will not be disappointed! 
 Thanks for reading my post! Please leave your thoughts in the comments below and feel free to tell me what your reading at the moment! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’ve Switched to Wordpress! || Ft. the link to my new blog and my many thanks to the blogging community thus far!!

Hi there! After almost three years with Blogger I’ve decided to finally make the switch to Wordpress! While I’ve enjoyed using blogger as a ...

Bloggers comment back

Bloggers Commenting Back