Friday, August 18, 2017

Top 3: End of Summer Must-Reads

Top 3: End of Summer Must-Reads

August 16, 2017


The Color Project 
by: Sierra Abrams
Summary:
Bernice Aurora Wescott has one thing she doesn't want anyone to know: her name. That is, until Bee meets Levi, the local golden boy who runs a charity organization called The Color Project.

Levi is not at all shy about attempting to guess Bee’s real name; his persistence is one of the many reasons why Bee falls for him. But while Levi is everything she never knew she needed, giving up her name would feel like a stamp on forever. And that terrifies her.

When unexpected news of an illness in the family drains Bee's summer of everything bright, she is pushed to the breaking point. Losing herself in The Color Project—a world of weddings, funerals, cancer patients, and hopeful families that the charity funds—is no longer enough. Bee must hold up the weight of her family, but to do that, she needs Levi. She’ll have to give up her name and let him in completely or lose the best thing that’s ever happened to her.

For fans of Stephanie Perkins and Morgan Matson, THE COLOR PROJECT is a story about the three great loves of life—family, friendship, and romance—and the bonds that withstand tragedy.

When I first read the summary for this book I was literally SO excited!!! I mean who doesn't love a romance with mystery! I think Levi's persistence to guess Bee's real name is too CUTE! I cannot wait for this to come out! I need it now! ;)

To All the Boys I've Loved Before
by: Jenny Han 
Summary:
What if all the crushes you ever had found out how you felt about them… all at once? 

Sixteen-year-old Lara Jean Song keeps her love letters in a hatbox her mother gave her. They aren’t love letters that anyone else wrote for her; these are ones she’s written. One for every boy she’s ever loved—five in all. When she writes, she pours out her heart and soul and says all the things she would never say in real life, because her letters are for her eyes only. Until the day her secret letters are mailed, and suddenly, Lara Jean’s love life goes from imaginary to out of control.

Okay, I actually own this book and recently started reading it and can I just say it is too cute!!! The writing is literally SO relatable I feel like I'm reading about myself! Lara Jeans relationships with her sister are to die for cute! I can't wait to see what will happen when the letters are sent out! Also Lara Jeans dreamy eyed, naive thoughts are so fun to read! Cant wait to finish this!


The Dazzling Heights (The Thousandth Floor #2) 
by: Katharine McGee
Summary:
New York City, 2118. A glittering vision of the future, where anything is possible – if you want it enough.

Manhattan is home to a thousand-story supertower, a beacon of futuristic glamour and high-tech luxury… and to millions of people living scandalous, secretive lives.

Leda is haunted by nightmares of what happened on the worst night of her life. She’s afraid the truth will get out – which is why she hires Watt, her very own hacker, to keep an eye on all of the witnesses for her. But what happens when their business relationship turns personal?

When Rylin receives a scholarship to an elite upper-floor school, her life transforms overnight. But being here also means seeing the boy she loves: the one whose heart she broke, and who broke hers in return.

Avery is grappling with the reality of her forbidden romance – is there anywhere in the world that’s safe for them to be together?

And then there’s Calliope, the mysterious, bohemian beauty who’s arrived in New York with a devious goal in mind – and too many secrets to count.

Here in the Tower, no one is safe – because someone is watching their every move, someone with revenge in mind. After all, in a world of such dazzling heights, you’re always only one step away from a devastating fall…. 

Okay Im not going to lie, when I read the first book of this series The Thousandth Floor I was...
  TOTALLY IN LOVE WITH IT!
This series is flat out amazing! I absolutely love the idea of a futuristic New York! Especially how everyone lives in an incredible tower that has amazing new tech gear! The characters are also totally swoon worthy and you will find yourself rooting for your favorite couples in no time. I mean Rylin is my favorite and I won't give away who she's with (But can I just say him and her together... magic!) and I'm am so excited to figure out what happens to her next! Avery is also interesting, though she can come off as petty some times. Leda can be just flat out annoying but their is something about her that's intriguing and she defiantly brings the drama! You will definitely fall in love with the diverse characters I can tell you that!
 Expect tons of drama, upscale technology and a thrill building world in not only The Thousandth Floor but hopefully The Dazzlingly Heights! (fingers crossed) 

Thanks so much for reading my post! Let me know what your favorite reads are in the comments below! See you next time! :)

4 comments:

  1. Ahhh such a great list!! I read and LOVED The Color Project so much, it is one of my favorite books of the year so far. It was just SO good. I hope you'll love it as much as I did :)
    To All The Boys is an adorable story, the characters are realistic and I want to hug them all ahah. Great post! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I literally can't wait to read The Color Project! Its at the top of my list! So glad to hear you loved it too! :)

      Delete
  2. I am sooo looking forward to The color project too!!! It's such a great concept, don't you think? To all the boys I've loved before has been on my most wanted list for ever!!! I'm super exited to read it as it sounds so good. I have never heard of the dazzling heights but it sounds SO GOOD!!!
    That post was great!!! Your so good. One of my favorite reads is anything written by Lisa Heathfield, have you heard of her?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I literally have To all the boys I've Loved before on the top of my huge pile of books I need to read right now! I seriously think it sounds totally adorable! :) Dazzling Heights just came out yesterday and I am REALLY excited for it! The first book was just so amazing and refreshing, you should defiantly give it a try! I haven't heard of Anything by Lis Heathfield but will be sure to check it out! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete

I’ve Switched to Wordpress! || Ft. the link to my new blog and my many thanks to the blogging community thus far!!

Hi there! After almost three years with Blogger I’ve decided to finally make the switch to Wordpress! While I’ve enjoyed using blogger as a ...

Bloggers comment back

Bloggers Commenting Back