Sunday, October 8, 2017

Book Review: P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han

P.S. I Still Love You
By: Jenny Han

Summary: Lara Jean didn’t expect to really fall for Peter.
She and Peter were just pretending. Except suddenly they weren’t. Now Lara Jean is more confused than ever.
When another boy from her past returns to her life, Lara Jean’s feelings for him return too. Can a girl be in love with two boys at once?

In this charming and heartfelt sequel to the New York Timesbestseller To All the Boys I've Loved Before, we see first love through the eyes of the unforgettable Lara Jean. Love is never easy, but maybe that’s part of what makes it so amazing.


This book was SO much fun I loved it! Personaly I am a huge fan of Jenny Hans writing style. The way she portrays characters is just so unique! Laura Jean is just incredibly relatable in this book. You also see her grow as a person, yet she doesn't lose sense of herself which is really amazing. 

“Lara Jean, I think you half-fall in love with every person you meet. It’s part of your charm. You’re in love with love.” 

The baking in this book is a reason alone for why I love it so much! I mean not a chapter goes by without Laura jean mentioning how she's buying ingredients for a key lime pie, or baking cherry cookies, or preparing salted carmel chocolate cake! My mouth waters just thinking about all the delicious possibilities! Also her sisters continue to be wonderful as usual. Kitty is particularly sassy in this book and it made me nostalgic because it reminded me of my own little sis (who is equally sassy in comparison). I seriously laughed out loud when they mentioned how kitty watched the Sopranos and was trying to set their dad up on dates! Laura jean also continues to pick up on some cheeky advice, especially when she starts working at Belleview old folks home;

“If this is love, no thanks. I don’t want any part of it. When I’m older, I’m just going to do my own thing. If I like a boy, fine, I’ll date him, but I’m not going to sit at home and cry over him. I cry over important things.” 

Also... PETER in this book book! Ahhh... I sigh just thinking of him! In the beginning he was dream boyfriend material. They were like Ken and Barbie, made for each other. Then of course the dreaded Genevieve has to step in and ruin everything (as is her way). Not to mention the new boy that steps in to Laura Jeans life and may I say the way they describe that boy, he is straight up handsome as can be! (there was even a moment when I was questioning who I liked better Peter or John and I chose John! It was a moment of weakness!)

“He looks at me in such a way that I know for sure-he's never looked at another girl quite like this.
And the I'm in his arms, and we're hugging and kissing, and we're both shaking,because we both know-this is the night we become real.” 


I mean swoon worthy!!! Their relationship in this book is seriously so cute! (also the way peter is with Kitty is completely adorable) I also can totally relate to this book and love it when they play the game assassin because I'm going to be playing that later this year so I was really able to connect with the characters and thought that they were totally relatable (it was like I was reading about people I could meet in real life!) Also when Kitty has her cake walk fair, my little sister does the same thing! (I also have to help her make a cake and she likes to go all out!)

“He kisses like . . . like it could be his job.” Margot giggles and lifts the spoons off her eyes. “Like a male prostitute?” 

Overall reading this book is like snuggling up and eating a warm cookie... comforting and completely addicting ( I mean who only eats one freshly baked cookie?) Reading this book was so enjoyable because it was just so easy to be swept up in the characters simple yet endearing lives. I couldn't put it down! If you have not read this series I highly recommend! They are the perfect books to read if your looking for something light. I was especially in need of a lighter read after being swept up by some intense paranormal series recently and this was the perfect fix! Hope you get a chance to check it out!

-BubblyBooks 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’ve Switched to Wordpress! || Ft. the link to my new blog and my many thanks to the blogging community thus far!!

Hi there! After almost three years with Blogger I’ve decided to finally make the switch to Wordpress! While I’ve enjoyed using blogger as a ...

Bloggers comment back

Bloggers Commenting Back