Saturday, October 28, 2017

Do you listen to music when you read? Books, influence on your Music, Playlists, and more...



   I personally am one of those people that don't listen to music often when I read. I mean I can read with music, but it has to be in the background or else I can't focus on reading because I'll be too busy listening to the song! (especially if its one of my favorites and I can't stop myself from singing along) But I know that some readers out there totally love to listen to music when they read and actually prefer it to reading with no music.

 So I guess my question is do you listen to music when you read? What kind of music to you listen to when you read? Does the book your reading impact what music your listening to? Like does the music have to set the mood and/or tone of the book?

I've always wondered if for some readers music helps them to get the whole experience while reading. If it helps them imagine the world and the characters better, almost in a way that makes them feel like their there. Because don't get me wrong I've totally had moments were a song reminds me so much of a character I stop and wonder if the author was thinking the same thing when they heard that song and then it inspired the character in the book I'm reading at that moment. Also is it easier to concentrate if the songs don't have words (such as classical or just your favorite songs but the instrumental versions) or does it not matter?


  Also sort of tying into a previous post about the books you read and the seasons, got me thinking about how my music preference changes around the time of year. Typically the music I play has a lot to do with what mood I'm in. If I'm in more of an upbeat mood but want something new that I haven't heard before I'll play Todays top hits, or if I'm in a good mood but want something I can sing along to I'll play my favorite pop love songs from the 90's, 00's, and today. Those are the days when I just want music to make me feel like,
But I have my days were I'm more moody.... In those cases I don't want anyone to talk to me expect the lyrics in my head buds. 



 We've all had those moments when we just need our space and time to chill out with Coldplay and no one else. 

 Lets Chat!
Let me know if you're the type to listen to music while reading. Do you prefer a certain genre? Does the type of music you listen to change for each book you read? Let me know in the comments below!
-BubblyBooks 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’ve Switched to Wordpress! || Ft. the link to my new blog and my many thanks to the blogging community thus far!!

Hi there! After almost three years with Blogger I’ve decided to finally make the switch to Wordpress! While I’ve enjoyed using blogger as a ...

Bloggers comment back

Bloggers Commenting Back