Saturday, November 4, 2017

October Recap! (I'll admit it is a bit late seeing as now its November...)

  I know this is coming a few days late but I've just been so busy trying to keep up with everything! October was a busy month to say the least. I mean their was homecoming, than we had Halloween, also I had to try and finish (Ahem I mean start) my college essays. I felt like I was doing at lot more writing (well at least trying to) versus reading this month! I mean I think there might have even been a two week period were I didn't even pick up a book! I mean who am I any more! College what have you done to me!

 I did however successfully finish a few books this month ( 4 to be exact) which is less than I thought.. hmmm I'm kind of disappointed, it felt like I read a lot more than that but that might be because I seriously got swept up into V.E. Schwab's a Darker Shade of Magic. I legit read the second book (A gathering of Shadows) in the span of a weekend and had a book reading hangover on Monday.
  Anyways back to the books I've finished:

P.S. I Still Love you 
 By Jenny Han

Thoughts:

 This book was SO cute and fantastic!

 This book in one word : CAKE

This book as a flower: Pink Roses

Favorite character: Laura Jean (seems obvious but she is legit my soul sister)

Favorite Couple: Laura Jean and Peter (Duh!)






A Darker Shade of Magic
 By V.E. Schwab

Thoughts:

 OMG! OMG! OMG! Made me fall in love with reading again!

This book in one word: MAGICAL

This book as a flower: Roses because thats what Kell smells like

Favorite character: Kell (I just found him so intriguing)

Favorite Couple: Kell and Delilah (even though they weren't really a couple I was still shipping them like crazy!)





Jackaby
 By William Ritter

Thoughts:
 Unexpected yet delightfully entertaining!

This book in one word: Quirky

This book as a flower: I don't know

Favorite Character: Jackaby

Favorite couple: Not much couples going on although there was some flirting (I'm predicting Jackaby and Abigail will have a thing but if you know don't tell me! I want to be surprised!)






A Gathering of Shadows (shades of magic #2)
 By V.E. Schwab

 Thoughts:
OMG is it possible this was better than the first book? But what was that ending! I NEED closure V.E. Schwab!!!

This book in one word: Darkness

This book as a flower: Black roses (not sure thats a thing but it just makes sense for this book)

Favorite Character: Delilah Bard (I know I'm switching sides but Kell annoyed me in this book at times and Delilah pleasantly surprised me on multiple occasion so theres that)

Favorite Couple: Alcaurd and Rhy (didn't see this coming)



Books I started but just couldn't finish for the life of me:

A Thousand Pieces of You
By: Claudia Gray


Not sure why I couldn't get into it but Paul just annoyed me so much I needed to stop. (I apologize in advance for those of you that cannot get enough of Paul. I just don't agree) 

Halloween happened! 


Hope you all had a fabulous holiday season! Me and my friends all did a group costume this year and for those you that know the disney movie Holes we all dressed up in orange jump suits and it was really fun! 

Preview of books I'm thinking about reading next month:

The Dazzling Heights  By: Katherine McGee
The Raven Boys By: V.E. Schwab
A Conjuring of light (a darker shade of magic #3) By: V.E. Schwab 
Always and Forever By: Jenny Han 

Anyways overall October was a pretty good month! I hope you all got some good books read. Tell me what some of your favorite reads of the month were. What books are you thinking about reading this month? Let me know in the comments below!
-BubblyBooks 




2 comments:

  1. Ooh yes you need to read The Dazzling Heights! It was so good and twisty omg-- I think I liked it better than the first book?

    Ahahahaha I love all of those Halloween gifs omg.

    I read & loved the Lara Jean series! It's so great that you finished the second book, I HOPE YOU READ THE THIRD. IT'S PROBABLY MY FIRST OR SECOND FAVORITE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOH whats this I hear? The Dazzling Heights is better than the first book! Stop making me want to read it more! ;) Also how could you not love Laura Jean and her family! Great series! The third book is another on the top of my to read list. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

I’ve Switched to Wordpress! || Ft. the link to my new blog and my many thanks to the blogging community thus far!!

Hi there! After almost three years with Blogger I’ve decided to finally make the switch to Wordpress! While I’ve enjoyed using blogger as a ...

Bloggers comment back

Bloggers Commenting Back