Friday, February 16, 2018

BOOK REVIEW: Vendetta by Catherine Doyle

Vendetta

 By: Catherine Doyle

Rating: 4/5 stars 

summary: When it comes to revenge, love is a dangerous complication.With a fierce rivalry raging between two warring families, falling in love is the deadliest thing Sophie could do. An epic debut set outside modern-day Chicago.

When five brothers move into the abandoned mansion in her neighbourhood, Sophie Gracewell's life changes forever. Irresistibly drawn to bad boy Nicoli, Sophie finds herself falling into a criminal underworld governed by powerful families. As the boys' dark secrets begin to come to light, Sophie is confronted with stinging truths about her own family, too. She must choose between two warring dynasties - the one she was born into, and the one she is falling in love with. When she does, blood will spill and hearts will break.


OMG this book was AWESOME!!! 

I mean in all honesty I have (and always will) have a soft spot for bad boy romances. And oh boy was this another winner in that department! The story takes place in a small town where a girl named sophie works in her dads dinner. Its summer time and her days are pretty boring, mostly filled with work, hanging out with her friends, and coping with moving into her new house. Sophie's a very likable, normal teenage girl who I think most girls could relate to in one way or another. 

In all honesty the beginning of the book is a bit boring... as most beginnings of series are (too much background info.... yuck) Things finally start to get a little spicy when the creepy mansion thats been vacant for years ends up with new residents. And lets just say the new residents aren't old boring people but 5 HOT ITALIN BROTHERS! this alone was enough to sell me (and sell me on the rest of the series)

Sophie ends up encountering the brothers (not knowing they moved in) at the dinner where she works (naturally all occurrences in small towns always seem to happen in dinners- at least in books) This is where we all meet the swoon worthy Nicoli! and his rude (but still annoyingly hot) brother Lucas. And so begins the instant attraction and affair that is sophie and nicoli. 

“Do I frighten you?' He tilted his head.
'Yes,' I said weakly. 'Are you proud of yourself?'
He looked at me for a long moment before replying. 'No, I'm not,' he said so faintly I had to strain to hear him.” 


This book is so fabulously entertaining I seriously could not put it down! (no for real I stayed up waaaayyy later than I should have reading this) (school was a total drag the next day!) But it was SO worth it! The forbidden romance! The midnight kisses! And the hidden danger that is always lurking because news flash! The italians are a part of the mafia!!! (did I mention I love this book? because I LOVE this book!) 

“I knew I couldn’t trust my illogical heart, and that meant I had to do everything in my power to stay away from him so I wouldn’t have to.” 

Plus the action packed ending?!!?!? How could you do that to us Catherine Doyle! Like why must you tear out my heart and then potentially make me switch ships.... hey I said potentially people!! (I hate to cheat on Nicoli... but I may have no choice here!) (*takes deep breathes*) 

“There is beauty everywhere; even in the dark, there is light, and that is the rarest kind of all.” 

I quite literally need the second book... oh I don't know NOW!!!! If you have not read this series I HIGHLY recommend you give it a chance especially if you are a sucker for bad boys, mafia related drama, secret romances and a whole lot of gut wrenching action (I mean there was a few scenes in there where I wanted to SCREAM at Sophie in order to stop her from doing some seriously idiotic stuff!!)

PLEASE READ!!


Have you read Vendetta? If so what did you think? If not have you read any good romance reads lately? Let me know in the comments below!
-BubblyBooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’ve Switched to Wordpress! || Ft. the link to my new blog and my many thanks to the blogging community thus far!!

Hi there! After almost three years with Blogger I’ve decided to finally make the switch to Wordpress! While I’ve enjoyed using blogger as a ...

Bloggers comment back

Bloggers Commenting Back