Monday, February 19, 2018

Mini Review: Sweet Little Lies by Sierra Hill

Hey guys so excited to be sharing this quick and simple mini review with y'all!! I know this post is going to be a little shorter than my usual posts but thats only because I'm so excited to get this review up and out onto into the open!!
  I typically don't read that many steamy romantic reads (mostly because I am too busy burying myself into the addictive worlds that both Leigh Bardugo and Sarah J. Maas have gifted us with) but when I stumbled across this book I just couldn't help it I had to get my hands on it IMEDIENTLY! You know me I love a good romance and what I love even more is a good bad boy romance so when this title flashed across my eyes I just couldn't not look into it (plus that cover?!?! Pure adorableness!)
 Sorry if I'm boring you all with my swooning but I cannot help it! A romance with a cute and naughty basketball player and a sweet and protective good girl? Yes please! If romance isn't your typical style I highly recommend checking this out if your in need of a change because this story will melt your heart!

Sweet Little Lies

By Sierra Hill

Rating: 4/5 (steamy) stars


Summary: Lance:
Some lies are meant to deceive. Others to protect.
My lies have done nothing but harm. They push people away. Even the people that I want to hold onto for dear life. Mica Reyes is too beautiful and pure for my tarnished soul, although I want her with a fierceness of a caged lion.
They say letting go of your grief and your sins will unburden you and set you free. But it's her I need to set free from the pain I’ll cause from loving her too much.

Mica:
My Abuelita always said I should never give my heart away unless I knew it would be in capable hands. To give it to a man who would love and cherish me and put me first above all others.
But my heart didn't listen. I fell for Lance Britton, the college basketball player who uses humor to outwardly disguise the emotional turmoil that lives inside him. To hide his painful secrets.
But I know him. And although I hate ultimatums, I may need to give him one before the lies between us grow any deeper. Letting go may be the only way to reach him.
 


This book was SO much fun! I honestly wasn't expecting a lot that happened and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised multiple times while reading this! I loved the concept of the off the rails party boy Lance pinning after an out of his league good girl- Mica who happens to have suppressed feeling for him as well! 

  Mica and Lance were absolutely adorable and I loved the way their romance grew and progressed over time!! I personally love a good game of cat and mouse between two characters and the sexual tension between them made it nearly impossible to put this book down! I really liked how this book also touched on the importance of race and how different families viewed their relationship (because Mica was Mexican and Lance was white) and I thought it only added to the depth of the story. 

 This book was the perfect amount of intense and steamy as well as sweet and heart wrenching and I LOVED every bit of it! I cannot wait to get my hands on the next book when it comes out!! I highly recommend to readers that love a steamy romance with a broken leading man and a strong sensitive leading lady that only make one another stronger when they find one another!!

 Thank you Net galley for providing me with a copy of this book in exchange for a review!! 


Lets Chat!
Have you read any good romance reads lately? Have a favorite character that sweeps you off your feet? Love a good game of cat and mouse? Let me know in the comments below!!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for taking a chance on this book and the lovely review! Hope you'll consider reading the other previous 4 books in The Sweetest Thing series. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this book so much! I'll defiantly have to check out the other books!! Thank you SO much for giving me an advanced copy and the chance to review it! :)

      Delete

I’ve Switched to Wordpress! || Ft. the link to my new blog and my many thanks to the blogging community thus far!!

Hi there! After almost three years with Blogger I’ve decided to finally make the switch to Wordpress! While I’ve enjoyed using blogger as a ...

Bloggers comment back

Bloggers Commenting Back