Friday, March 2, 2018

February recap and SHOUT OUT to all the Bloggers and Blog Posts that have been Blowing my Mind Recently!



 Hey y’all is it really March already?!?! Like where did that last month go? It literally must have flew by my face and I just didn’t see it, because somehow we are smack dab in the middle of the second day of March and I don’t even know how to feel about it (you can tell that I’m in a really indecisive mood these days...)

(Me when I woke up and ... oh what do ya know its March everybody)

 So I apologize in advance that this recap is running a tad behind schedule... did I mention I’m kind of a mess right now? No? Well ya I am so just keep that in mind while reading this. So February was a very busy month and I did indeed get some reading done so... props to me! I feel like I have been so unproductive in my life right now so anytime I sit down and read for more than an hour: Hallelujah wheres the confetti and church bells people?



 Oh and also I thought I would mix it up a little by doing something I haven’t had the chance to do yet on my blog and that is featuring some of my favorite posts I read this month! So many wonderful bloggers have been seriously impressing me with their content and I just can’t not share it with you all!! I’m learning so much and the blogging community never seises to amaze me!


 So on to the list making that makes up these lovely recaps:

 Thing that have been going on in my life at the moment (and slowly sucking up all my time and possibly my soul?)
  • So colleges have decided that this is the month my fate will be decided. The apps are out and the acceptions and rejections are going to be coming in at any moment now... my nerves are literally SO ON EDGE!! The stress!! The stress!!
  • And on top of all that lovely stress (because its not like my future is in their hands or anything) school has been seriously kicking my butt lately and teachers are being a complete and utter pain! Like who needs this much homework? Like did they forget that we are SECOND SEMESTER SENIORS for crying out loud!! Hurry up and lower your expectations before someone gets hurt.
  • (me when teachers expect me to do work..)
  • I have been watching A LOT of wonderful rom coms lately and must say they are doing wonders for reducing my stress and instead filling my head with kissing in the rain and unrealistic expectations for all future romantic relationships. ( I highly recommend Breakfast at Tiffanies, Clueless, or The Bachelor to anyone who is in need of some R&R)
  • Valentines day was a nice little break from all the pressure and I highly recommend a Galentines day alternative to all you single ladies out there (it is very fun!) 
  • Oh and I also wrote my first ARC review! YAY!! It was on a darling little book called Sweet Little Lies and I honestly devoured it in less than two days it was just that cute and adorable and AHH I still love thinking about all the sweet moments!!

Books I read this month:
  • Sweet Little Lies by Sierra Hill review of which you can find HERE (My first ARC review! Ahhh!)
  • Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning (literally such a disappointment ugh!!)
  • The Cruel Prince by Holly Black ( the review of which I am hoping to get posted soon you know if I can get my life together) 
  • Vendetta by Catherine Doyle review you can find over HERE
   

  
                                      

Four books ya know not terrible but I could of done worse (short month and all)

Favorite book I read:
  • The Cruel Prince by Holly Black
  • This book was AMAZING and totally helped me out of my reading slump and back into feeling good about books (AKA restoring my faith in the wonderfulness that is YA literature) 
  • Loved Jude (some of her thought where literally me!) and Prince Cardan was not what I was expecting at ALL so that was fabulous!!
  • This book was so good I’m bringing out the Sons of Anarchy GIFS because honestly it down right deserves them!( look at his face he’s so beautiful! Beautiful!!!)
Least favorite book I read:
  • Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning
  • This book was such a disappointment and I had to stop reading it about 280 pages in but I decided to say I finished it because of all the effort I made trying to like this book (point for trying and all)
  • The plot had crazy potential but the character were bland AF they did nothing!! They never talked. No kissing. No touching. It was nothing, nada and when you read a book with a cover like that you expect a little something something you know? But it was literal nothingness!! 
  • UGH I cannot express my feelings of utter and complete frustration loud enough!!

Books I am looking forward to reading this month:
  • To Kill a Kingdom by Alexandra Christo 
  • Inferno by Catherine Doyle (vendetta #2)
  • Splintered (currently reading this and loving it so far!!!)by A.G. Howard
  • Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco 
  • Blood of Wonderland (Queen of Hearts saga #2) by Colleen Oakes 

Blog post that caught my eye this month:
Again I love all these posts and I highly recommend checking them out because all these bloggers are awesome!!

Anyways I think that it for February? Again my brain is a bit of a mess right now! I hope you all had a wonderful February filled with fabulous books!!

What about you? Have you read any good books last month? Watched any good rom coms? What about this month most anticipated reads? Let me know in the comments below!!
-BubblyBooks










6 comments:

  1. OOooooohh, I can't wait to see some of the thoughts that you have on some of the reads for this month. I have been seeing To Kill a Kingdom everywhere lately, and it's getting so many crazy good reviews. I'm this close to ordering it so I'm super eager to see what you think. Also, can't wait to see what you think about Stalking Jack the Ripper. It's a really interesting series, and I know the first book has some different thoughts. Great recap and good luck with this month! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IK I super excited to read To Kill a Kingdom!! I’ve heard nothing but good things so hopefully it leads up to all my expectations!! Stalking Jack the Ripper also sounds amazing so I’m super pumped for reading this month! Thank you :)

      Delete
  2. AHHH GOOD LUCK WITH COLLEGE RESULTS!!! I totally get you--second semester senior here, too! *raises hand* And FRICK all the teachers giving butt loads of homework despite knowing this should be a ~chill~ year because we're all panicking about college!!!! >:( But yes, rom com movies always warm my heart! The Proposal will always be one of my favorites, along with Love, Rosie. <3 And congrats on your first ARC review!!! Screaming for you!!!!

    Thanks so much for featuring my post! <3 Have an awesome March!

    - Aimee @ Aimee, Always

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU!! Totally agree, those teachers are not worth are mental energy at all!! I LOVE the Proposal!! (Sandra bullock is SO funny!! I love the scene where she’s “playing” with the dog) and your welcome your post was fabulous so I couldn’t not share it!!

      Delete
  3. Oh exciting but stressful times ahead with college results! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you <3 I hope that March will be great and that teachers will get off your back a little bit ahah, it's always hard when there is so much work and expectations everywhere, but you can do this. I hope that March will be a bit less hectic and that you'll take care of yourself <3 <3
    Thank you so much for featuring my post!! I hope you'll have a wonderful month <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you!! I really am over here trying to hope for the best while simultaneously trying not to lose it *twists hands nervously* (why does college stuff have to be so darn stressful anyhow?) and your welcome! Loved your thoughts on blog hopping :)

      Delete

I’ve Switched to Wordpress! || Ft. the link to my new blog and my many thanks to the blogging community thus far!!

Hi there! After almost three years with Blogger I’ve decided to finally make the switch to Wordpress! While I’ve enjoyed using blogger as a ...

Bloggers comment back

Bloggers Commenting Back