Friday, June 14, 2019

Book Review || Legendary by Stephanie Garber (A full deserving 5 star read of pure fabulousness)

Legendary 

By: Stephanie Garber

Rating: 5/5 fabulous stars!

 Summary: A heart to protect. A debt to repay. A game to win.

After being swept up in the magical world of Caraval, Donatella Dragna has finally escaped her father and saved her sister, Scarlett, from a disastrous arranged marriage. The girls should be celebrating, but Tella isn’t yet free. She made a desperate bargain with a mysterious criminal, and what Tella owes him no one has ever been able to deliver: Caraval Master Legend’s true name.

The only chance of uncovering Legend’s identity is to win Caraval, so Tella throws herself into the legendary competition once more—and into the path of the murderous heir to the throne, a doomed love story, and a web of secrets…including her sister's. Caraval has always demanded bravery, cunning, and sacrifice, but now the game is asking for more. If Tella can’t fulfill her bargain and deliver Legend’s name, she’ll lose everything she cares about—maybe even her life. But if she wins, Legend and Caraval will be destroyed forever...

Welcome, welcome to Caraval . . . the games have only just begun.


My Review:

  Aahahahaha Ahahahah ahaha OMG this book is GOLDEN!! LIQUID GOLD. SUPER SPARKLY. AND I AM BLINDED BY ITS SHININESS AND ETERNAL GLORY! **shields eyes from the holy grailness that is this book**   **melts into puddle**


“Every story has four parts - the beginning, the middle, the almost ending, and the true ending.” 

 Ok so as you all know I already loved Caraval (if you did not already know this go on ahead and pop over to my little book review on it over HERE) and I really loved the pure original ness that was the world of Caraval. It felt like I was eating a slice of magic every-time I turned the page...

 But this book took it to a WHOLE OTHER LEVEL!! 

 First off I loved Tella with my whole heart! I thought her perspective was so refreshing in the most deviously fabulous way possible. I loved how she was so fearless and I was just like Im gonna kiss as many boys as I want to. When I want to. and y’all are just gonna have to deal with it. I also loved how unpredictable she was and how if she wanted to go after something she would just do it! Like yaaas girl!! She was so funny and brave and spicy and I just LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT!!

“So,’ she said cautiously, 'is all this your way of telling me you’re the villain?’

His chuckle was dark. 'I’m definitely not the hero.’
'I already knew that,’ Tella said. 'It’s my story, so clearly I’m the hero.” 

  Also can we talk about all the dark/evil/delicious boys in this book. Like y’all this is how villains should be written about people!! Dante was a dark little tattooed bowl of yummy and I loved how he was just always back and forth with Tella and being all like “Ya I’m a pretty boy and you know you love it”.  Also their hate/love and levels of I trust you/I dont trust you had me so on the edge of my seat!! I was like slowly falling in love with Dante but at the same time was like Tella don't fall for him! He’s only gonna do something devious and shatter your heart! 

Plus major points for yumminess *fans self with decorative southern belle lacey fan* I am a total sucker for boys dressed in all black. Throw in some tattoos with bad boy arrogance and sprinkle a little ya I’m good looking and i’m gonna use it to make yours knees weak and I’m over here like, ya okay, okay I’m feeling this amigo. (its safe to say my heart is on fire for Dante and that ending has both my head spinning and my heart bursting!!). 

“Gold shimmered no matter what, but few people could make darkness glitter the way he did.” 

 PLUS I really liked how well done Jacks character was. I overall just loved the mind games and level of devious planning that was going on in both Jacks and Dantes minds because it just made for an overall richer plot line and I never knew what was coming right around the corner!  I would be like WHAT and than some more WHAAT *mouth drops open* It was everything I love in dark complex characters (I am HERE for the mind games people. I am here for it). 

  But like seriously? What was up with Jacks apple eating obsession? Some would be glowing green and others a wacky purple?? Like thats just down right funky (but I secretly liked Jacks even though he was a heartless villain... so huge points to Stephanie Garber for making me fall in love with like even the most evil soul sucking of all the characters). 

“Every good story needs a villain.

But the best villains are the ones you secretly like.” 

  Also loved how this whole world of Carval was in a completly different setting for this book because I feel like it really opened up even more possibilities for world building and really making this story incredibly unique. Hello flying carriages? Epic dresses? Cool palaces? The way it was all described was so delicious and vivid I could not not fall into this magically sugar coated world. 

“The air tasted like wonder. Like candied butterfly wings caught in sugared spiderwebs, and drunken peaches coated in luck.” 

 I also loved how even though this book was told through Tellas POV (great choice btw, risky but turned out fabulous) the author still included Scarlett and Julian and kept tabs on what was going on with their plot line. I felt it made the whole story a little more full circle and really painted the world that much more vividly. ALSO I AM HERE FOR THE SISTER LOVE! I felt the sisters were done very well in this book. They weren’t judgey or at each others throats but rather accepted each other for who they were even though they are so different. 

“Tella was the sister who would destroy the world if anything happened to Scarlett, but Scarlett’s world would be destroyed if anything happened to Tella.” 

 Overall this book was a magical delight with an incredible plot line that was so unpredictable and held back just the right amount of information so I could keep guessing. The characters were amazing and headstrong and super witty. The writing was really good and imaginative. I dont have a single complaint this is everything I love including an amazing love/hate romance that I will be putting in my armada of relationships I love!! Highly recommend this book!!

What do y’all think? Read Legendary? Yet to read it? Add it to your TBR! If you’d already read it I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below!
-BubblyBooks
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’ve Switched to Wordpress! || Ft. the link to my new blog and my many thanks to the blogging community thus far!!

Hi there! After almost three years with Blogger I’ve decided to finally make the switch to Wordpress! While I’ve enjoyed using blogger as a ...

Bloggers comment back

Bloggers Commenting Back