Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Review: Vicious (sinners of saint #1) by L.J. Shen

Vicious 

 By L.J. Shen

Rating: 4/5 stars

 Summary:

Emilia

They say love and hate are the same feelings experienced under different circumstances, and it’s true.The man who comes to me in my dreams also haunts me in my nightmares. He is a brilliant lawyer. A skilled criminal. A beautiful liar. A bully and a savior, a monster and a lover.

Ten years ago, he made me run away from the small town where we lived. Now, he came for me in New York, and he isn’t leaving until he takes me with him.

Vicious

She is a starving artist. Pretty and evasive like cherry blossom. Ten years ago, she barged into my life unannounced and turned everything upside down. She paid the price.

Emilia LeBlanc is completely off-limits, my best friend’s ex-girlfriend. The woman who knows my darkest secret, and the daughter of the cheap Help we hired to take care of our estate. That should deter me from chasing her, but it doesn’t. So she hates me. Big fucking deal. She better get used to me.
 


This book... whoa. Like I think I need to sit down for a few minutes and cool down from all that intensity!!

I mean first things first, look at the cover *looks at cover* *takes a deep breath* yeah... so that cover is beautiful and I obviously why I am in desperate need of a plug in fan and some ice water right about now. I mean its just so beautiful! (I mean look at the guy for crying out loud)

“Ask me..what do I want?” 

Okay so this book is about a guy who goes by the name of vicious. He is currently one of four main shareholders to a very successful corporate business, but is haunted by secrets from his past and scars that lie deeper than his skin. In comes Emilia, the girl who has haunted him every since high school and whom vicious cannot seem to think straight around let alone be a rational human being in her presence.

Emilia is a painter and an artist who moved away from her home town of Todos Santos to live in New York with her sister, who is sick, in order to pursue a career in art. She’s trying to move on, but when an old flame enters her life once more she forced to make desperate choices at the hands of a man who just might be the devil himself. 

Regardless of the amazing cover that drew me to this book series in the first place this book was surprisingly very good. Man it got into my head! I did not know what to think at times and was pissed off at vicious and somehow still rooting for him and Emilia despite all the cruel things he was doing to her?!?

“We’ve waited a long time for this. I want the real thing. Not the watered-down version. And the real thing is not only beautiful. It is also ugly. I want your truth.” 

 The way she writes this book just really makes it impossible not to get invested in the story line. I found myself SO invested and literally could not stop reading until I had finished the book entirely. The way both the characters are broken yet still furiously and frustratingly resist one another is incredibly addicting. 

 I found myself thinking about this book when I wasn’t reading it and could only take a couple hours in between before I found myself reaching for my phone in order to know what happened next!! Like UGH the sexual tension people!! The tension!!



“I want the real thing. Not the watered-down version. And the real thing is not only beautiful. It is also ugly. I want your truth.” 

This book switches back and forth from when they first met in high school and back to present day. Vicouous is this evil, I dont care about anything playbody who drowns his sorrows in his many vices, one of which just happens to be torturing Emilia who just happens to live on his property due to her parents working for Vicious. 

Emilia and Vicious are cruel, intense, and scorching but yet they both manage to break down one anthers walls and create a tender achingy fragile relationship that you can’t help but want to work against all odds. 

“I loved her when I hated her. And I loved her when I didn’t want anything to do with her. I was so crazy about her, the lines had blurred together. Feelings were mixed, emotions twisted together.” 

I highly recommend this to lovers of damaged bad boys who have an weak spot for that one girl they can’t seem to escape!! (for those of you who watch vampite diaries if you love a goof Klaus and Caroline dynamic you will adore this series!!)

What about you? Have you read any good bad boy reads? Let me know in the comments below! (oh and make sure to read vicious and tell me what you think!! I command you ;) 
-BubblyBooks




2 comments:

  1. Oh my WORD. Okay first of all, that cover tho!!! It really is beautiful and I just... UGH *fans self* And this sounds wonderfully angsty???? I’m so intrigued!! Totally downloading this and reading it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! Please download it is SO addicting and angsty!! Please tell me what u thought when your done!

      Delete

I’ve Switched to Wordpress! || Ft. the link to my new blog and my many thanks to the blogging community thus far!!

Hi there! After almost three years with Blogger I’ve decided to finally make the switch to Wordpress! While I’ve enjoyed using blogger as a ...

Bloggers comment back

Bloggers Commenting Back