Saturday, June 29, 2019

2019 Mid-Year Book Freak Out Tag!!

Hola amigos welcome back to another post on the blog! So full disclosure I cannot believe half the year is gonna *looks through binoculars* like where did it go?


 I seriously do not know where the time goes it like it slips through hidden holes in the time universe. And theres also the fact that I cant seem to read ALL THE BOOKS because theres not. enough. time.

 I am however two books ahead of my reading challenge right now so thats good *thumbs up*.

2019 READING CHALLENGE

2019
READING
CHALLENGE
19
books completed
2 books ahead of schedule
19/35 (54%)




 I picked up this fun little tag over at Methotheany! She’s an amazing blogger and I highly recommend checking out her blog if you haven’t!!

1. Best book you’ve read so far in 2019

- OMG I cannot even express in words how much I love love love this book!! The characters. The world building. THE MAGIC. and of course the amazing fiesta fluffy deliciously dangerous romance!!  its all so well done and structured (Plus the ending *mouth hits the floor* perfection!!) 


2. Best sequel you’ve read so far in 2019



- Love. Love. Love. Holly Black somehow this sequel managed to be even more devious and back stabby than the first in the most creative and delicious of ways!! Loved it!! Cardan and Jude are the ULTIMATE EPICNESS WE ALL NEED!! 

3. New release you haven’t read yet, but want to


 
 

- I need to read all of these and honestly wish I had no life right now so I could lock myself up and read them. I mean come on King of Scars needs to be read. Preferably by me. 

4. Most anticipated release for the second half of the year


    
- Holly Black. Leigh Bardugo. Sarah J Maas. Need I say more?
- But seriously I am so excited for Crescent City because ACOTAR is my all time favorite series (by the way when do we get more of those?!?) but I will love anything she writes *heart eyes*!!

5. Biggest disappointment


- This book was good just not as good as I had wanted it to be :\\ a good quick read with Fae world building and evil Fae lords. A little romance. A little deviousness. Not bad. 

6. Biggest surprise


- Did NOT expect to love this as much as I did!! So glad I picked up this series this year!! One of my all time fav series for sure ;)) 

7. Favorite new author (debut or new to you)


   
- Kate McGarry writes super cute romances and I really liked both of these!
- Fonda Lee is a great writer the world building is a high asian themed fantasy and I loved it! The book was a little slow but very different from what I usually read so I liked it. 

8. Newest fictional crush


  
- LJ Shen writes the ultimate book boyfriends!! LOVED PRETTY RECKLESS!! I loved how LJ Shen incorporated complex multilayered characters that defied stereotypes as well as complex family dynamics. I feel like complicated families are not focused on in enough books. 
- LEGEND!!! he was so complex and played so many mind games and I never new what he was thinking!! I loved trying to figure him out!! Ultimate complex book BF!!

9. Newest favorite character





- Pretty much all the characters in this series!! Loved Tella she was  both equal  parts badass and girly girl. Legend of course. Also like Scarlett and lets not forget about the little rascal Julian. I even had a small soft spot for Jacks. 

10. Book that made you cry


- OMG that one part in this book made me so. sad. I was like no no no no no this is NOT how it will be. I repeat this is not how it will be. Tip tissues might be needed. 

11. Book that made you happy


  
  
- I love myself a good little fluffy/steamy/ sometimes even a tad cliche romance and thats why this books just made my heart happy. They fueled all my feels and I love a good fluffy fluff romance with my chai latte. 


12. Most beautiful book you’ve bought so far this year (or received)


  
- All of these covers are so PRETTY!!! ooooh ahhh
- I recently received an ARC of The Art of Breaking things and just think the cover is so stunning. I cannot wait to read it!!


13.What books do you need to read by the end of the year?


  
 
- I am very very much behind on new releases and popular old releases so I’m hoping to get around to these at some point soon!!
- Also need to get around to reading the Descendant of the Crane because I have an ARC and also because I heard it was pleasantly surprising with a killer ending twist. 
- Sorcery of Thorns is another blogger fav people have been raving about and I really think I would enjoy the Wicked Saints!

14. Favorite book community member


Not gonna answer this because I totally have multiple favorite members and I think everybody in the blogging community is just so amazing and friendly!! I SIMPLY CANNOT CHOOSE. 

What about yall? Can you believe the year is almost over?? Read any good books? Read any of the above? LMK in the comments below!!
-BubblyBooks

6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I completely agree about the Caraval books. They're so flipping good!! Somehow I haven't read Finale yet and I really need to. I need answers to all these questions I have!! But the characters are so amazing, I love it all. Awesome post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss there so good! So glad I decided to pick them up!! I LOVE Tella and Legend! And yes u should read Finale I didn’t like it as much as Legendary but the ending was still pure genius! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. I'm just reading The Cruel Prince now and I LOVE it so far. I'm glad to hear that the sequel is good, too. Also, I remember reading These Broken Stars when it first came out and that *one part* just killed me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg yay! I love love love The Cruel Prince! One of my all time favorites for sure! The Wicked King is also amazing the ending is golden!

      And yess that part scared me and ripped out my heart how dare you These Broken Hearts! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  3. Ooooh I super enjoyed reading your post, Jamie! I always love reading this tag, and I super enjoyed your answers. I had given up a bit on the Caraval series, but I think I'm going to have to go back and reread the first so I can properly meet Legend. You totally made it sound so so good. Wonderful post, Jamie! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Yesss u should read Legendary! It does not disappoint! Thanks for stopping by Mandy :)

      Delete

I’ve Switched to Wordpress! || Ft. the link to my new blog and my many thanks to the blogging community thus far!!

Hi there! After almost three years with Blogger I’ve decided to finally make the switch to Wordpress! While I’ve enjoyed using blogger as a ...

Bloggers comment back

Bloggers Commenting Back