Thursday, June 28, 2018

Book Review: Royals by Rachel Hawkins

Royals 

by Rachel Hawkins

Rating: 5/5 stars

Summary:

Meet Daisy Winters. She’s an offbeat sixteen-year-old Floridian with mermaid-red hair; a part time job at a bootleg Walmart, and a perfect older sister who’s nearly engaged to the Crown Prince of Scotland. Daisy has no desire to live in the spotlight, but relentless tabloid attention forces her to join Ellie at the relative seclusion of the castle across the pond. 

While the dashing young Miles has been appointed to teach Daisy the ropes of being regal, the prince’s roguish younger brother kicks up scandal wherever he goes, and tries his best to take Daisy along for the ride. The crown–and the intriguing Miles–might be trying to make Daisy into a lady . . . but Daisy may just rewrite the royal rulebook to suit herself.







This book surprised me in the most fabulous of ways!! First off this book was SO unbelievably fun I dont think I could stop laughing out loud at how outrageously funny this book was! It quite literally saved me from a potential book slump and for that reason alone this book deserves 5 stars!!

 I mean Daisy was the most hilarious relatable character I had read about in a long while. She was just so quick and witty and honestly I kind of stopped and thought... wait is this me? because I would totally say something that snarky?!? (well maybe not quite as often as her... but I would definitely be thinking it) 

“He just showed up like a posh vampire I accidentally invited in, then couldn't make leave.”

When I first started this book I thought it would be a cute light read but it really was so much more entertaining than all that! I felt like I was watching an episode of The Royals on E! it was so plot twisty and drama packed! 


I loved how the royal family was not what you expected it to be (especially the dashing prince Sebastian), ugh and the KILTS omg every two seconds daisy would be drenched in plaid and Miles would be in kilt as well and tons of other guys (yet he still managed to look good? like you know he’s cute when he can pull off a kilt) and I just thought it  was SO much fun!! 

 Miles was a cutie I would like to take home and cuddle up on the couch with! The way he put air fresheners in his shoes was so adorably quirky I couldn’t help but be intrigued... also I love-hate how reluctant both Daisy and Miles are towards their feelings for one another! It was infuriating yet made their cute moments sooo much more satisfying!  




 The sister relationship was also very spot on- and by that I mean the right amount of infuriating mixed with unconditional love. There were times when I wanted to punch Ellie for her ignorance and other times where I thought to myself, well they wouldn’t be sisters if there wasn’t tension... actually the whole family is quite lovable and I love how Daisy gets all her jokes from her Dad the two of them are like two peas in a pod and I love them! 

“...all that matters is the truth as you know it, and as the ones who love you know it.” 

 There wasn’t a dull moment and I quite literally devoured this book in all of two days and I’m not even sorry! This is the type of book I was missing lately in my mix of fabulous YA reads and I am SO happy I took a chance on it and decided to read it regardless of the ARCS calling my name. If you have not read this book I HIGHLY recommend you do especially if you need some cheering up because it will just make you smile uncontrollably!


Thoughts? Adding this to your TBR or no? Already read it? Gush about it with me in the comments below!
-BubblyBooks 




4 comments:

  1. OH MY GOD THE COMPARISON WITH THE ROYALS WON MY HEART. <3 and yay for the amazing main characters and the sisters relationship, I'm all for great sisters relationships in books <3 I'm definitely adding this to my TBR! :D Thank you for sharing! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAAS the next season of the Royals cannot come out fast enough for me and ugh I just hate waiting (that cliff hanger! dang season finales)! Sister relationships are so important to me too in books I hate it when they feel forced or unrealistic and this one was a nice balance that made my heart happy!

      Delete
  2. You know, I kind of just decided to pass on this one, because I didn't really get on the hype train with all the royal wedding type books. But I think you totally convinced me otherwise! This sounds amazing! I'm definitely going to have to add it to my TBR since I need more funny books in my life! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to have changed your mind! You can never have too many funny books in your life :)

      Delete

I’ve Switched to Wordpress! || Ft. the link to my new blog and my many thanks to the blogging community thus far!!

Hi there! After almost three years with Blogger I’ve decided to finally make the switch to Wordpress! While I’ve enjoyed using blogger as a ...

Bloggers comment back

Bloggers Commenting Back