Sunday, July 1, 2018

June Wrap Up



Okay..... so how is it July already? Like when did this even happen?!? I mean I saw other bloggers posting their june recaps and I was like, oh their way on top of it June doesn’t end for another few days and then BAM June ends and I look to see that its July 1st?!? (excuse me while I go freak out a bit)


 This officially means that I only have a little over a month before school starts up again and I don’t know how I feel about that. I mean there is less than 60 days standing between me and college *breathes in and out* and than even less reading time because I’m going to have to be out doing social things?!? What even is my life becoming?!?!

Anyways back to books....

 This month was a fairly successful reading month!! Heck ya! I needed some good books in my life and low and behold by some magical book karma they were able to find me...


Books I read this month:



     

     
  • Vicious by LJ Shen (review here)- I think LJ Shen may be one of my new fav authors?!?
  • Heir of Fire by SJM (YAAS QUEEN also ROWAN PPL)
  • Royals by Rachel Hawkins (review here)
  • Midnight Blue by LJ Shen


Books I plan to read in July:


    
       
  • I Do Not Trust You by Laura J Burns (got an ARC of this via Netgalley and I am SO excited!!)
  • Queen of Shadows by SJM (currently reading this and LOVING it best one so far)
  • Caraval by Stephanie Garber- my sister read this after I recommend it to her and said it was amazing but alas I still have not read it so ya I should do that 
  • The Gentleman Guide to Vice and Virtue (this sounds SO up my alley and I need to read it asap)
  • White Cat by Holly Black- this is literally everything I love wrapped into one and Holly black is genius so I’m destined to love this (I already have it on hold at the library)

On the Blog:


I’m actually really proud of how much I was able to post this month usually it is a lot shorter list and looks a lot more depressing and all but this month I actually had time?!? What alternate universe am I living in here?!? I was even able to squeeze not one but TWO reviews as well as a discussion post *high fives self*

Other News:
  • I’m finally back into the blogging routine after a two month little break and it feels AMAZING and I am so glad to be back!!
  • I won TWO book giveaways this month and I am SO excited because they are both ARC’s and both sound amazing and I cannot wait to review them here!
  • Also I am currently binge watching Vampire Diaries and well as the Bachelorette (team Blake), and The Originals so thats probably why my reading wasn’t through the roof this month...
  • Also I’m thinking about doing a weekly post discussing new TV shows and movies what do you all think about that? Please share your thoughts!!
  • Its SUMMER which means a whole lot a hot weather and reading
  • ( this is literally me its just too darn hot to leave the house people) 
  • Also I have been sucked down the rabbit hole that is SJM Throne of glass series and don’t think I left my couch at all yesterday thats how invested I was (except for snack breaks because SNACKS)
So whats summer been like for you guys? Done any traveling? Read any good books while your at it? Let me know in the comments below!!
-BubblyBooks




 


8 comments:

  1. Ohh White Cat is SO GOOD THO. I hope you love it!! (But I mean, Holly Black can do no wrong anyway pffft.😍) And I swear there's like a conspiracy of time and months that has made it July WAY before it should?! I am not ready for it either *panics*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh so glad White Cat is supposed to be amazing because I’m really looking foreword to reading it!!! And yes Holly Black is queen so of course I will love it 😍 and yes July snuck up waaay to fast

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you had a great reading month and ahhh, so excited for you about I Do Not Trust You, this book sounds amazing and I can't wait to read it :D
    Have a wonderful July! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I’m super excited for I do not trust you!! The cover is SO pretty and it sounds super good! Happy reading :)

      Delete
  3. OMG, Yass! I loved Gentleman's Guide, it was the first pride book I ever read.
    -Betty B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO glad you loved it! I’m really looking foreword to reading it and hopefully I will make time after I finish the Throne of Glass series by SJM! thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  4. Omg, can't wait to see what you think of Gentleman's Guide!! It's loads of fun and adventure, and the romance is so adorable. And I would love to read a little recap of TV and such! I think it would be great. Wonderful wrap-up, Jamie, and I honestly can't believe it's July already either!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gentlemen’s guide is at the top of my TBR (after TOG and white cat) and SO looking foreword to reading it! I love sassy characters so hopefully this book will not disappoint (fingers crossed) and thanks for supporting my idea for a TV wrap up! I just watch so many shows sometimes I feel the need to rant/share about them 😊 and yes July totally snuck up on me

      Delete

I’ve Switched to Wordpress! || Ft. the link to my new blog and my many thanks to the blogging community thus far!!

Hi there! After almost three years with Blogger I’ve decided to finally make the switch to Wordpress! While I’ve enjoyed using blogger as a ...

Bloggers comment back

Bloggers Commenting Back